With Maths and Physics as your high school subjects, you can study almost any Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) courses. There are some Bachelor of Science degrees that do not require Physics, such as Bachelor of Consumer Science degrees. However, you can still study these degrees, as they do require Maths.
There are many options of what to study, such as:
- Agricultural economics and agribusiness management
- Animal science
- Culinary science
- Engineering and environmental geology
- Food science
- Geography and environmental sciences
- Human genetics
- Human physiology
- Medical sciences
- Plant pathology
- Plant science
And many more. You can also choose to study Degrees that do not require Physics, which gives you even more options.
What Are The Main Branches Of Physics?
There are many branches of physics, and some can be very specific. However, the main fields of physics are:
- Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics
- Engineering Physics
- Nuclear Physics
- Space Physics
Each of these fields of studies can specialise further, and there are many more fields as well.
What Are Physics Careers?
Many careers are available with Bachelor of Science degrees, and many Physics careers are available, including but not limited to:
- Aerospace Engineer
- Data Scientist
- Lab Manager
- Medical Physicist
- Optical Engineer
- Physics Teacher
- Research Scientist
Can I Become An Engineer With A Physics Degree?
Yes, there are many types of engineering you can go into with physics, such as Chemical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, and Optical Engineering.
Do Physicists Make A Lot Of Money?
Yes, physicists can make quite a lot of money. The pay scale for a Physicist in South Africa is between R 34 100 – R 109 000 per month. The average salary is currently R 69 600 per month.
Where Can I Study Physics Degrees?
There are many universities that offer Physics degrees. Some top universities in South Africa that offer such Degrees are:
- University of Cape Town
- University of Johannesburg
- University of KwaZulu Natal
- University of Stellenbosch
- University of Witwatersrand
- Tshwane University of Technology
What Have We Learned?
- There are many Degree courses you can study with Maths and Physics
- There are a wide range of career options available with a Bachelor of Science degree
- You can become an Engineer with a Degree in Physics
- Physicists earn a lot of money
- There are many institutions that offer Physics Degrees
Author: Chloe Bydawell
Editor: Razeen Dollie
Date: July 15, 2022